Monday, November 29, 2010

New Mexico

Last night it snowed. A beautiful, fluffy, and very white snow. I dislike snow quite a bit... actually, I despise the cold, and only dislike the snow because it usually comes around with the cold. That's a completely different story though. Last night, as I was driving home, I couldn't help but feel at peace. I felt at peace with my life. I felt at peace with who I am, and who I am becoming. When snow first settles on the ground is when it is obviously the prettiest. The pure white of snow. The cleanliness. The snow makes me thankful for so many things. It makes me thankful that I have clothes to wear in the snow. It makes me thankful that I have a warm home to go to with hot chocolate, a fireplace, and blankets. If I think about it real hard, I can find myself liking snow... but only for a little bit, and then I hate it again.

Although it snowed last night, my past week was marvelous. Such a good week. I just got back from New Mexico last night and it was a crazy, chaotic, exhilarating, awkward, full of good food and little sleep week. Or 4 nights, to be exact. I am so thankful that I was invited to go. It was so overwhelming. With usually over 20 people in a relatively small house, there was really no alone time. That was okay with me :)

There were 9 kids 5 and younger and 5 of those kids were still in diapers. We ate a lot of food, went to the park, played games, went swimming, and had a lot of conversation. The average bed time was about 1 in the morning, and the average time we woke up was around 9 or 10 in the morning. And then the day would start all over again.

I had an amazing time spending time with friends, playing with little kids, and being away from real life. I didn't do any homework, and I hardly thought about life outside of Los Lunas. It was good :)

We are JUST leaving Colorado Springs

Caiden and Haley. Cousins

A few of the kids

Such pretty eyes! 

I liked this baby... A lot. 

I was trying to mimic him. 

Lydia

David


Naked Baby










The turkeys that I helped make :) 

Trying to do something cool. They FAILED. 


Playing hop on Uncle David! 




We decorated cookies 



Cutie


Like father like son

Grady was so hyper that night 



The kiddos with thier mom/aunt Deb








I see IT. TOO

No comments: