Monday, January 2, 2012

Babies & Adoption

Orphans have been something that has always been on my heart. I began working at the orphanage when I was only 12. The hardest part about going to the orphanage and loving the babies there is leaving them. They cry every time you put them down. They have this desire, this hunger.... to be held. To be loved.

I can't say that I will adopt. I don't know what my future will look like. But, if I am ever in the position where I can adopt, and if I am ever led in that direction. Then I will gladly follow through. I would be more than happy to give a baby (or two... or three) a loving home.

It's been nice, because the house my family is renting (our old house) is right down the street from the orphanage.


They look sweet.... but they are even sweeter than they look. Precious boys. 

Little Michael... or Sumo as we call him

Viviana

Jennifer was so sweet. She constantly wanted to be loved. So that's what I did. :) 

Tiffany is living in Ecuador with my family for the next 3 months. She holds a little one barely over a week old. 

Julianna with sweet little Mario

This little boy stole my hear. Martin has down syndrome. I don't know if I could handle any special needs kids, but if I happened to adopt (or have) a child with down syndrome, I think I could handle it. Downs children are the sweetest little kids I have ever met. 

He had the cutest little hands


When I put my hand up he would put his hand on mine. Such a sweetheart. 
After spending only a few hours with these kids, I love them already. And, this is only one house at the orphanage. Another building houses toddlers, and the third building houses all of the special needs and older kids. The oldest kids there are probably older than 18.

No comments: