Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Carrying your Camera

You know what can be really frustrating? Carrying a camera around. I've always thought that, but today it hit hard. My family decided it would be a (insert sarcasm here) blast to climb a 15,600 foot mountain. I decided that if I was going to go, I might as well bring my camera to record the fact that I climbed a mountain. The downside of that was it was raining. So, I had to find a ziplock bag that could fit my camera, and I then put my camera into the bag, found my camera case, and put it in the case. Let's just say it was a very snug fit. When we got to the point where we would start climbing, it was raining harder. So, I put my camera case over my shoulder under my rain jacket. I then stuff my case between my body and the rain jacket. This makes me look like I have this weird squarish growth protruding from the side of my stomach. We start walking. and walking. and walking. Every time that I saw something cool, I automatically wanted to take a picture of it. And every time that I took a picture I had to tug it out of the case, take it out of the ziplock bag, and then I was able to use it. Once I finished taking pictures, I had to open the now damp bag, stuff the camera in, and try to fit it back in the case.

I'm not saying this to complain. I'm saying this to be honest. The con of bringing a camera everywhere, is that you have to bring it everywhere and it can be such a nuisance.

Would you all like to know the pro of bringing a camera everywhere? You get some really great shots and memories.

And so, I encourage you to take your camera everywhere. It's not easy, especially if you have a big heavy camera, but it really helps you capture the little things in life.





Happy Wednesday, ya'll!

No comments: