Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Mid-Week :)

It's been a little while since I last posted (other than my daily pictures). Although I've been busy, I decided to make time to write a short post. I mean, it has been a complete month since I returned from my wonderful adventure to Ecuador, and I haven't written much since then.

That's crazy. One. ONE. 1 month. It seems so much longer, yet it has gone by so quickly.

I'm no longer afraid of sleeping my dark, quiet room all alone. YAY :) Last night I actually found it the most comforting place to be. Quiet. Warm. Peaceful. A week ago, I spent Wednesday night, all day Thursday, and almost all day Friday in my big, blue bed. (of course I was sick... but still)

In some ways, a lot has changed since the first few days that I was "home". I don't have that fear of being completely alone constantly around me. I actually enjoy being alone... at least for a few hours.

I don't feel I miss Ecuador or my family nearly as much, but it helps that I have been so busy. My days usually revolve around school, work, homework, and sleep. That's really all there is to it. With the 17 credits I'm taking. I also work 20-30 hours a week. That leaves me enough time to see friends once, maybe twice a week, take care of myself, and go to church.

Tonight I read this post, and it reminded me of the burning passion that I still do have for Ecuador. The kids there. The need there. It's easy to forget about that passion when you are so consumed with other things, but it's there.

I've also just read my sisters post on what she has been doing in Ecuador, and it makes me so jealous.

I'm happy to stay busy. I also like to remind myself of the things that I am excited for.


  • My mom is coming at the end of March :) 
  • Spring break (the end of March) 
  • Prom (april 2nd) (this is the third year in a row that I am going with David :)) 
  • The end of the semester (May 11)
  • My family coming home (for a few months :) (May 24) 
  • Graduation (May 27)
  • Summer time :) 
Those are just a few of the bigger things. I'm sure there is more to look forward to. 

That is all I have to say for now :) 

God is GOOD. 

Happy mid-week! :) 

No comments: