Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66

If you know me at all, you know that I enjoy reading. It's definitely such a great past time. There is one downside to reading though. I hate it when I find a really good book... and then I finish it. I wish it would just last forever. Good books are hard to find. I usually only read ONE maybe two good books a year. I mean, like really good books. A book that you cannot seem to put down. I've been lucky so far to have found THREE books that were stupendous. Yes, maybe the writing wasn't all that fancy, but the story telling was great.

Thankfully, I tend to enjoy reading books multiple times. Usually I find a book better the second time around, because I can focus on the little details. I just read these books (about a month ago) and already I want to start reading from the beginning again, but I know that if I do, I will be disappointed because I JUST read them (I usually need to wait 6 months- to a year to read books again). So, I've been on the hunt for good books, but with my mind still reeling from these books, it's been hard.

(f: 4.5; 1/50s; ISO 1600).
This is a trilogy (first comes the hunger games, then catching fire, and the last one is mockingjay) by Suzanne Collins.
If you enjoy fiction (and a lot of imagination), then you would probably enjoy these. My wonderful mother read these books, and then told me that I would like them... and I did :) If you start reading them, then make sure you have time!

Do you have any favorite books? I'll have to check them out :)

3 comments:

Karin said...

So wonderful to find really good books, because you're right - they are hard to come by! Humm...I'm curious about this trilogy.

I don't read nearly as many fiction books as I would like, because I always seem to put my reading time into non-fiction Christian books and some other non-fiction books. I know I really loved reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

What is the best fiction book you have ever read and would recommend?

Lucia said...

Dude! Hunger games are my favorite books ever! I couldn't put them down.

Karin said...

I've heard of Atonement Child but never read it. I will put it on my Amazon wish list pronto!:)

I started the first book in Rivers's Mark of the Lion series, but never finished. Alan read both the first and the second, and said it ended nicely in the second and so he didn't have any desire to read the third.

Have you ever read the Zion Covenant series by Bodie Thoene?