Tuesday, August 16, 2011

He Must be Greater

One thing that has been on my mind a lot these past couple weeks is how people view me, and how I treat others. I've always felt that it is very important the way that people view me. No, not in the way that I want to be of this world, but in the way that I want them to see Christ shining through me. I want everyone around me to see me as pure, and striving to be Christ-like. This can happen in so many different ways. One verse that I have been very focused on these last few days is: "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." John 3:30 If I could only lose my selfish ways, and if I could only think of what God wants, and what God's will is, then this could be so easy. If people saw me consistently serving others, and loving them, and caring for them... then maybe that would make them want to change.

The thing that I struggle with is that when I have something like this on my mind a lot, I notice how much I seem to fail at it. This also makes me realize how people can be so turned off by Christians.

No comments: