Friday, May 4, 2012

D.O.N.E

This is the first time I've had quiet all week. Well, at least quiet that didn't involve me doing homework. Normally I prefer to be surrounded by people and laughter. Actually, normally I struggle with being alone. I think I had enough alone time last year to last me a life time. Right now though, I'm embracing the quiet. Right now I'm embracing the sound of cars humming by my open window, and I'm enjoying the perfect weather that is right outside my window. 
I left work almost every day this week feeling overstimulated, and my ears felt as though they were ringing from so much noise. After such a crazy week, it feels so good to sit, and just be still. It feels good to listen to no other noise, but the sounds from outside. 

Today marks a milestone. It's not vey big in my book, but it's something. I finally finished my associate of arts early childhood education degree, and my director's certificate. I say finally because it feels like it has been forever. I started taking my first college class when I was 14. I took English Comp I. From there I just added more and more classes each semester. I graduated from high school with 60+ college credits, and only had about 7 more classes to take to finish up my degree and certificate. It feels like it's been a long time that I have been working on this degree (although I didn't actually decide on it until I was in my second semester of my junior year). 
To be honest, I was so ready to be done. 
I'm excited to start at the University of Colorado in the Fall. I'm excited to take different classes about communication (not that I didn't really enjoy my ECE classes, I did. It will just be a good change). I'm excited to meet new people and see new things.
I do believe that this next semester will be a good one, but I am glad that I don't have to think about it for a few months.

I've thought about my past few years that I've spent at PPCC today, and although I may not exactly miss that place, I know I have been blessed.

I've been blessed to have had the majority of my degree paid for either by my high school, or by financial aid. Actually, I don't think I spent more than a thousand dollars on my degree, and that's not counting the money I get back when I sell my books at the end of the semester. So maybe i've spent about $500 on my degree. If that.

Although I am more than happy to move on from PPCC, I definitely will not regret my time there. I met some great people, I learned a lot, and I had a lot of really amazing teachers. 

God has blessed me. No matter how much I may have worried about PPCC, and whether it was the right decision or not, it worked out. 

And still, God continues to provide. A couple days ago I found out my first year at UCCS is covered through grants. That's $8,500 worth of grants. Actually, that's what I'm receiving from grants, but I think it's more than I even need for my classes! I was completely amazed! 

I'm still job hunting. I've had one interview, and it seriously would be the perfect fit. It's just another part time nanny job to two boys, and it is great hours. The same every day. That means I can fit classes in, and still watch Caden, Maxwell, and Asher. I had been wanting to add on a second job, and this one would fit right into my schedule.  I don't hear back about whether I get the job or not for another week or so. I know that if I don't get the job I will be extremely disappointed, but I know God has a plan. So, if this is the job for me, that will be great :) 

No comments: