Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 341

(f/4.5; 1/80s; ISO 3200; 32 mm) 
This little guy has been so clingy lately. You will usually find him either clinging to my leg, or sitting happily on my hip. He has been through a lot lately though. We used to think he was allergic to EVERYTHING. Seriously. We kept gluten, diary, soy, nuts, eggs... etc away from him. Apparently he's not allergic to anything. He has something known as food protein induced endercolitis syndrome. Or FPIES - kind of like apple pies :) I guess when he eats a certain protein, known as a trigger protein, his body attacks it. Which would then explain why he is constantly sick with vomiting and diarrhea. It's possible that he can start getting over it around the age of three. If that's the case, then every time a new food is introduced he has to be at the hospital. So, just be praying as both his family and I adjust to feeding him carefully. As it is he can eat less now than when we thought he was just allergic to everything.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Aww, poor baby! I will surly be praying.

Karin said...

That is really rough for everyone - that leave so little for him to eat.

I really like this selfie:)