Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 353

I travelled all day long. I woke up around 5:00 am (after going to bed at 3:30) and didn't arrive in Quito until 1 am the next day. Of course, I did lose two hours. So it was 11 pm Colorado time. I just remember feeling so tired.



This carry on was actually checked soon after I took the picture. I didn't mind... it meant that I didn't have to drag it around the Miami airport when I got there.

Would guys like to hear a funny/ embarrassing moment?
Even if you don't want to, I'll tell you anyway. When I was in the Dallas airport, I practically felt like a zombie. I didn't have anything to do and I was tired, oh so tired. I began walking around. I went to fill up my water bottle. When I arrived at the water fountain, there was a man standing there watching a few bags while whoever he was traveling with went to the bathroom. I stood at the water fountain for awhile feeling around it trying to figure out where the button was to make water come out. I then stand up and just stare at it. I'm not exactly sure about what I should do about the situation I'm in. I had NO idea where the button was to turn the water on, but I felt too weird just walking away after accomplishing nothing. Finally, the guy next to me says: "the button is way underneath. I had the same problem, I couldn't figure out how to work it either." I thanked him and then proceeded to fill my water bottle. I then started walking aimlessly. I'm watching the floor as I walk. I then look up and I find myself in a bathroom. No, not the women's bathroom.... it was the men's bathroom. I suddenly halt, and a man looks at me and says, "you're in the wrong bathroom." I go: "Oh, sorry" and I turn around and start walking out. As I was walking out a man is walking in. He looks at me, and then looks at the sign. Finally I say, "Sorry, I walked into the wrong bathroom." He enters and I exit. The entire time I'm pretty sure that the guy who helped me figure out the water fountains had watched the entire episode. I really wonder what he thinks about it.

That was my excitement in Dallas. In Miami I realize that I had about 3 or 4 holes in the crotch of my jeans. They were my favorite jeans... and now I have to throw them away :(

That pretty much sums up my day. I'm pretty sure my cheeks were red most of the day from embarrassment. Thankfully, none of those people will ever see me again.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh. Hilarious. You handled it well though. Better than I would have. :)

Karin said...

So true - they will never see you again!:) That's funny - I also nearly walked into a men's restroom in Chicago O'Hare. Good thing you didn't get too far:)