Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 184

Today we celebrated the fourth of July with my church. 
There was a contest for who could make the most patriotic dessert. 
Apparently I won with this cake: 

(f/5.6; 1/30s; ISO 800; 50mm lens)


(f/5.6; 1/30s; ISO 800; 50mm lens)


(f/5.6; 1/160s; ISO 400; 50mm lens) 
My mom had taken a few pictures for me... but because she didn't know how to change the setting they didn't turn out all that well. When you cut the cake open, it's supposed to look like the American flag. Who knew I was so patriotic? aha ;) It was good too! 

Later on, it rained... very hard. But this greeted us at the end of the storm. (I wish I had lowered my ISO. It would have been doable since my shutter speed was so fast... I could have lowered that as well)

(f/5.0; 1/4000s; ISO 1600; 50mm lens)

Funny story... last night my brother had a sleepover with a couple of boys... I found one of them asleep on the bathroom floor. I now think sleep walking is the funniest thing in this world. Oh, it makes me laugh. 


P.S. I know you all want to try and make this cake! Well, here's the recipe. My cake isn't nearly as pretty as the one on that site... but hey, it was my first time. And I am definitely not a pro baker.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That is awesome.

Karin said...

Sorry, I realized I wrote all of my comments for this post on yesterday's post:)

Happy Belated Birthday to Andrew!