Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Blog!

One year, and 196 posts later, I am still blogging. Last year when I wrote this post I did not think I would still be here a year later... and with almost 200 posts no less. It's been a good year, and I enjoy going back and reading older posts that I wrote. It's a good reminder to me on how things change, and how prayers are answered. So, here's to another year. Will I make it? Who knows, but I feel like it's much more likely than it was a year ago.

In other words... I still do not have a job. I've had several offers, but I haven't felt much peace about any of it. Maybe I'm being too picky... but I think it's more than that.

This past month, something that I have been thinking about is how God ALWAYS provides. always. Last year at this time I was in this very same position, and although I had several interviews, I never got a job for the summer. Finally, on June 4th I had a great interview. That interview gave me the job that I have today... with my three favorite little boys :) I know that come August, I will be back again, and even before then I am sure they will still use me for the occasional date night and what not.

At the beginning of this semester it was looking like I was only going to be working about 10 hours a week... it ended up that I worked close to 20 hours a week. It was perfect.

I believe that this is a good time for me to really just trust in God. It is yet another way that I can build my relationship with Him. This doesn't mean that I stop looking for a job, but it means that I don't worry about it. That is such a huge sense of relief. If I don't get a job this summer, then so be it. If I do? Well that would be great!

I will wait... as patiently as I can.


Happy Thursday, ya'll!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Awe, happy birthday to your blog! 200 posts in one year is alot - great job with keeping up with it, Christina!

It is wonderful that you are being patient and waiting for God's perfect timing and perfect situation for you. You're like the lilies of the field and the sparrows in Matthew 6:)

Great things happen on June 4th (like you meeting a mom of 3 wonderful boys and subsequently landing your job, and me meeting my husband and subsequently becoming a mom of 2 wonderful boys)! It is a most wonderful date, IMO:)