Friday, January 14, 2011

365 Photography Project

Recently I was introduced to doing a 365 photo blog. This came up when I started following Karin's 2011 Project. Over the past couple weeks I've been not so sure about whether I want to do it or not.

I didn't really want to do it at first because,


  • I'm not that great at photography
  • I don't know if I can make myself take a picture a day for the rest of the year
  • I don't know much about photography (the lingo, and my camera).
  • I felt weird?
I've finally decided to do it because, 

  • I will be able to improve my photography skills
  • I will have a hobby
  • I will learn a lot about photography
  • I will hopefully become better at photography
  • It will create a new skill (hopefully). 
  • I enjoy taking pictures
So, after I finish my "Ecuador Project" I will continue posting hopefully everyday (or a picture for everyday). This project will be intertwined with my personal life as well, because I don't really want to make a new blog for my project. 

I guess we'll see if my photography has improved at all on December 31, 2011.  :) 

2 comments:

Karin said...

I'm so happy! I've loved keeping up with your journey while you've been in Ecuador, and I've honestly been sad along with you that your time there is coming to and end:(

If you're overwhelmed, not at the thought of taking a picture a day but of POSTING a picture a day, I've come across a few people who post all of their pictures for the week once a week. You could even do this in a collage, like the woman here: http://toliversinpictures.blogspot.com/.

I'm very happy, Christina, and look forward to learning new skills with you:)

Rach said...

Miss you already!