Sunday, January 16, 2011

Adios a Mi Pais.

Yesterday was a long, tiring day. It's amazing how traveling can be so tiring even though you just sit all day...

Lunch in Miami. It was good, and decently priced. 

The sun was very hot! 

I liked the colors in this picture. 

I was so thankful to find a nice lounge in the Dallas airport. There were even cots around that I lay down on for awhile. 

My flight from Dallas to Colorado Springs went right towards the sunset. It was gorgeous. 

I thought it was so neat, because you can see the lights under the clouds from the city, but over the clouds there was a gorgeous sunset. 
 I wish I could still be in Ecuador. Last night it was hard to go to bed all alone, and getting up was even worse.

For now God has me here, and my family in Ecuador. So even though it's hard to miss them, I try to make the best of it. Most seniors do not have this opportunity.

I am also so thankful for my pseudo family that I have here.

My friend, David, picked my up from the airport last night and then we went over to his sister's house and I got to see two of my favorite boys, and surprisingly, they were excited to see me! They kept running around calling my name, "Stina".

3 comments:

Karin said...

I'm sorry you're now away from your family.

But I'm glad you have a pseudo family in CS. I'm envious of your time with them:)

Karin said...

Oh, and I've been thankful for those very same lounges in the DFW airport, too!

annabelle said...

wow I keep finding out about people in Ecuador (including someone I know in COS). Why is your family in Ecuador?