Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17 - before and after

It's been a struggle coming home. The darkness. The quiet. I'm struggling with being alone, and with the feeling that I am not doing anything with my life here. I feel like I could be doing so much more somewhere else. 

I know that right now God has me here for a reason. So to fight the feeling of loneliness I dive into the Word. It's one of the few things that has given me comfort these past couple of days. 

I decided to take this picture to represent the way that I feel. Normally I keep my room decently clean... but these last couple of days it has been destroyed with my lack of motivation. 

For lack of better words, this picture describes how unorganized I feel on the inside. 

It also doesn't help that I have a ton of mail to go through. I also have two suitcases and a backpack to unpack!


(f: 3.5; 1/13s; ISO 800; 18mm)
(f:4.5; 1/20s; ISO:800)
 I keep reminding myself that this is my temporary home, and soon I will be where I've always wanted to be: Heaven :)

I did finally make myself clean up today. I feel a tad bit more organized. 
Also, this wasn't supposed to be a moody post at all. I never expected that coming back would be such a difficult transition, but it has been.

It will help to start work and school again, and just have a life.

Any prayers for my transition would be awesome :)

I can already tell this next semester is going to be full of growth.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Christina, I understand the feeling of wondering what you're doing with your life and thinking you would be so much more useful somewhere else. I also know that those times in my life have been where God has most distinctly had my attention. It is wonderful that you are turning to his Word for comfort and direction. I will be praying for and thinking of your transition back this week. {{Hugs}}

Rach said...

I'll pray for you. I love you.

Julianna said...

I'll be praying for you. Call me anytime just to talk. Love you! :)

Kara said...

aww.. I don't remember how I found this blog, I think on the side of another blog list with a photo that took me here, but I will pray for you. And remember, you are never alone!