Sunday, January 23, 2011

God is Good


But even the very hairs 
of your head are all numbered. 
Fear not therefore:
 ye are of more value 
than many sparrows.


Luke 12:7

I am just so overwhelmed right now. Right now I am wondering why I ever second guessed God. I wonder why I ever felt like I had to take things into my weak hands.

A couple weeks ago, I found out that my hours had been cut quite drastically (at least she had taken less class time, which means I had less work). I added up the hours, and it appeared as though I was only going to get about 10 hours of work a week. That means I would only be making about $100 a week. At first when I saw that, I wanted to panic. Yes, living off of $100 a week is very doable, but with grocery and gas prices going up, I would definitely have to be very careful with my money (hey, it might be a good lesson). The reason I wanted to panic most was because I had no idea how I would save up for college (which I will be paying for starting this summer) when I was going to have to use most of that for groceries, gas, car insurance, car maintenance, and paying off my computer.

I told myself constantly not to worry too much about it. My mom told me it would be fine, as did my dad.

Lo and behold, they may be right!

I told Kate, the lady I work for, that I would take as many hours as they would give me, and just in one week I got about 25 hours of work from them! It also sounds as though I am going to be getting close to 20 hours next week!

I love it when I am reminded that I am weak, but that I have a mighty God who does provide. :)

God is good. 


1 comment:

Karin said...

Christina, this is a good story, and reminds me of so many times in my life where I've been at a similar spot. You're right, God always provides, and yet for some reason I still think that worrying is going to help! Praise God for how he's providing for your needs! And it was great that you took initiative in talking to your boss about more hours.